I am a Canadian award-winning, Vancouver-based emerging tech influencer and future trends consultant with more than 15 years of experience innovating strategy planning, digital futures leadership, organizational change and development.
Clients value my expertise to prepare their current and next generation leaders to be successful while navigating the inherent volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity (VUCA) aspects of personal and organizational change.
I provide strategic consulting on mission-oriented innovation and new models of leadership and cultural development. My aim is always to help leaders advance their careers and to support their organizations. For example, to tap into emerging new markets, while leveraging technology to raise physical and mental health, emotional well-being and human and planetary thriving.
I incorporate positive psychology and leadership, applied ecopsychology and visual thinking practices in my approach. These not only provide cultural change and performance benefits for leaders, but also supports sustainable development and systems wellbeing demands by consumers and other key stakeholders.
My professional experience includes private and public sector, as well as decentralized communities in emerging tech.
My specialties are executive and board level leadership consulting and partnering on strategic, responsive digital cultural design and adoption, including strategic leadership alignment, curriculum development, cascading of strategy and goals across the enterprise and ecosystem, as well as performance optimization and wellness cultivation:
- Positive Maverick Leadership Philosophy, Principles and Practices
- Strategies for cultivating regenerative cultures and transformational technologies
- Off-the-beaten track leadership skills to cultivate novel (difficult to replicate and automate) capabilities to inspire confidence in more hopeful social and cultural change
- Internal expert leadership development capacity building (train-the-trainer/facilitator). In partnership with clients, I design, prototype and develop strategic, innovative leadership, talent and cultural impact models that are easy to adopt, scale organically and contribute to more wellbeing for individuals, teams and organizations.
Growing up in a frontier family, I originally trained professionally as South African chartered accountant. I also hold a Masters degree in the Philosophy of Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership Development (cum laude).
My research article explored the practical application of contemplative practices for leadership development in which I proposed a taxonomy for practices, based on goals and outcomes required.
My professional credentials include 20+ years of strategic leadership and organizational change, including senior leadership roles as well as lead consultant roles in large enterprise.
I worked for organizations such as HSBC, Barclays/Africa, Deloitte, PHSA, Mountain Equipment Coop (MEC) BC Liquor Distribution Board, Provincial Health Services Authority, Presidents of Enterprising Organizations and Ontario Centres of Excellence; decentralized and emerging tech community leadership and programming design for the BC Blockchain Forum which includes the design of a Decentralized Financial Wellbeing Hackathon with Blockstack in Vancouver.
I am contributing to the development of a different kind of leadership and organizational psychology and the technologies of human development that will build a future that is not just digital, but also regenerative.
I am passionate about nurturing a new ecological consciousness.
My personal mission is to inspire the design of Nature-connected transformational technologies that helps us “rewild” ourselves and our world, nurture our imagination and achieve lifestyle changes creatively.
What sets the idea of transformation apart from other forms of change is that it is “a change of” not just “a change in….” Trans-form means to move across forms, to change the very form of… The fundamental deep structure of the organism is changed, not just the surface appearance. —Elizabeth Lange (2012, 202)
Education and Certification
- B Com (Accounting, Auditing, Business Management)
- Higher Diploma Accountancy
- Chartered Accountant South Africa
- Masters in Philosophy Personal, Interpersonal and Professional Leadership (cum laude)
- Post-Graduate Certificate: Individual and Group Leadership Consulting, Facilitation and Coaching
- Certified Contemporary Teacher (up to advanced students)
Continuous Professional Development
- Certified Team Coaching International Facilitator
- Prosci Certified Change Practitioner,
- Prosci Train-the-trainer offering all Prosci training in-house, Enterprise Change Management Bootcamp
- Deep Democracy Facilitator: Participative Leadership Facilitator
- Certified Applied Positive Psychology Practitioner and Coach
- Professional Certificate in The Science of Happiness at Work: University of California, Berkeley
- Positive Psychology: Dr Barbara Fredrickson by University of North Carolina
- MBTI I and II: Psychometrics Canada
- Leadership and Talent Assessments and Development (including HEXACO Personality Model, Strengths Profile)
- Certified Somatic (Embodied) Leadership Coach and Educator (White Belt, Green Belt, Creative Movement for Kids)
- Creativity: Music to my Ears: Stanford Education
- Introduction to Digital Currencies (with accomplishment) (University Nicosia)
- Just Money: Banking as if Society Mattered (MIT)
Holistic development training with recognized global teachers
- 20 years of training in the art of personal and cultural transformations with international creative futurist , social anthropologist and Zen teacher
- Human Potential Movement: Various organizations offering practices from personal power teachers such as Tony Robbins and Carlos Castaneda
- Alternative Healing Practices (more than 10 years) Western forms of holistic aromatherapy massage, hypnotherapy, counselling skills, crystals, colours, essential oils, affirmations, symbology and mythology
- Reiki (including Karuna), Indian Head and Shoulder Massage, Thai Massage, Hatha Yoga
- 7 Grandfather Teachings: First Nations Toronto, Canada: formal teachings by authorized elders and facilitators
- Action research, practitioner and teacher development in the domains of eco therapy, art therapy and philosophy as therapy (more than five years)
- Order of Inkari: Paqo Initiation and Teachings
- Andean Inca and Amazon Lineage Tradition: Three years formal apprenticeship including two formal training retreats in Peru with this lineage
- Continued study and practice of Andean traditions including solitary retreats in Sacred Valley, Peru developing the BlackLlama Guild
- Tibetan Buddhism: Direct transmissions from Geshe Pende, Akong Rinpoche, Rob Nairn (3 years including foundational practices including both Gelugpa and Kagyu: Njondro, Diamond Mind, Chenrezic, Green Tara, Medicine Buddha, Guru Yoga)
- Indigenous Himalayan Spiritual Tradition: Bonpo/Dzogchen: Direct transmissions from Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche and Geshe Yong Dong (more than 10 years) Key practice: Tsa Lung, Soul and Life Force Retrieval, Five Elements.
Personal research passion: Transmission of knowledge across different aeons, cultures and inter-species, using sound, colour, light, form, code and decoding, and other techniques deployed by ancient civilizations leaving us written language such as Coneiform.
Accepted and completed certification on the 2nd Cohort of the Transformative Tech Academy, 2019.
Ranked on Thomson Reuters Top 40 Social Influencers in Finance, Innovation and Risk, 2017.
Lead consultant and designer for the Deloitte Young Professional’s Personal Leadership Program, 2013 culminating in the Vancouver consulting practice winning the International Coach Federation Vancouver Prism Award that year.
During 2012 I was selected as finalist for Innovator Idol, Ontario Centres of Excellence – for a distributed leadership development – strategy performance SAAS solution build on Drupal opensource software, deployed in organization such as Barclays and the RIC Centre for accelerating innovation in Ontario.
Designed a new Masters degree in Leadership Innovation: Da Vinci Institute for Technology Management (2010).
Why was the Dean of a Business School Named one of the World’s Most Influential Designers? Human Capital Review, 2010
First study in Canada, commissioned by the Government of BC: Blockchain & FinTech: December, 2017
My Top Three Character Strengths
Appreciation of Beauty and Excellence